GEIST Alumni & Techers of Science (GATS) Network
GEIST International Foundation is willing to develop a nationwide network of teachers and educators who are imparting knowledge in the field of science and science related disciplines such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. The objective behind developing such a network is to provide a platform where the science educators of Bangladesh with a chance to collaborate and share their learnings, research and methodologies for the overall change in the science education ecosystem. The network welcomes members from all the 64 districts of Bangladesh. The teachers will pay a nominal membership fee and become a part of this national network. Such an initiative to develop a nationwide network combining science teachers of just the secondary and higher secondary levels of education is not seen previously.
Benefits of being a member of GATS
- Networking opportunities among fellow science teachers.
- Opportunity to share the best practices of teaching science among students of Bangladesh.
- Knowledge and skill sharing platform.
- Participate in the Annual Conference for the network for free.
- Take part in online and offline workshops for professional development and action research.
- Online resources and materials can support your teaching advancement and decision making.
- Our regular webinars offer insights and advice into different type of professional development opportunities.
- Participate in Action Research themselves by getting mentorship, advice and guidance on conducting surveys, data manipulation and analysis, paper writing and publication.
- Get opportunity to publish their research work in Access Journal, an international journal publication of GEIST.
- GEIST also works with international donors such as the U.S. Department of State, the European Union in implementing short- and long-term projects. The members will be asked to be a part of the project through the various project activities.
- Publish their research work in the highly valued conference proceedings of GEIST.
- Get guidance on participating in various teacher exchange programs and training.
- Become a part of the GEIST Partner Schools (GPSs) network.
- Networking opportunities with national and international level educators, faculty members, curriculum developers, researchers and specialists.
- Mentorship, technical and strategic support in applying for different grant opportunities offered by national and international donors.
Yearly Fee: BDT. 500
Life-time Membership Fee: BDT. 5000
Step 1: Pay the registration fee using ‘SEND MONEY’ option through Bkash in this number: +8801307149677.
Step 2: When the payment is complete, copy the transaction ID and paste it in the following registration form and submit the registration form using your valid information.